Joint managing director Ted Wake said both the South Tyrol region of the Dolomites in Italy’s north-east and Canavese in the north-west had been added to the Italy 2015-16 programme.
The new regions anticipate client needs and ensure that customers can’t simply book the trips online but must deal with the trade.
Wake said: “The complexity of our holidays to Italy is encouraging in the sense that people really need our help when they are combining, say, Venice and the Dolomites.
“We’ve also got the information which enables us to offer customers amazing experiences. The consumer’s going to become more sophisticated in the next decade and our response is to deliver great levels of expertise.
“We need to collaborate with travel agents to meet these changes and it has got to be a three-way conversation between the travel agent, the tour operator and client, with the agent being the facilitator. We just need to give agents the absolute confidence about what they are selling.
“We were always interested in finding the less well known and more interesting rural destination which can be combined with a city experience.”
Wake added while the new Dolomites region can be easily packaged up with some of Italy’s most popular northern cities, the inclusion of the Canavese region allows the operator to put together twin-centre trips featuring the south of France.
New properties have also been added to the programme, bringing the total on offer to more than 200.
New properties are featured in Florence, Milan, Rome, Verona and Sorrento. Two new properties in Sicily have also been added.
The new Classic Italian Trilogy tour has been added to the programme, allowing travellers to combine visits to Venice (pictured), Florence and Rome in a single trip.
The six-night trip includes half-board accommodation, entrance to key museums, flights, first class rail and private transfers and leads in at £2,268pp for travel between March 21 and July 9.